Biomaterials and Textiles
We explore the possibility to tune surface properties of polymeric substrate with switchable and adaptive nanoscopic polymer coatings. Such a coating can adopt their properties to biological environment interacting with proteins and cells. We fabricate the coating on surface of textiles to develop materials of biomedical application. We have shown that adaptive surfaces can improve interaction and cell growth that is of great importance for various implants based on textile materials. Switchable textiles which undergo change of surface properties responding on change of temperature and humidity are studied and fabricated.
- Fabrication of switchable/adaptive biocompatible coatings on the surface of textile materials;
- Development of chemical and physical methods of surface modification of textile;
- Modification of textiles with functional colloidal particles.
Figure 1. Textile with modified fibers. Effect on contact angle.
Group co-operates with:
- Prof. I. Luzinov, Clemson University, South Carolina, USA
- Leibniz Institute of Polymer Research Dresden, Germany
- Dr. M. Doser, Institut für Textile und Verfahrenstechnik Denkendorf, Germany
- Dr. J. Rieker, Mr. S. Rusmich, Hohensteiner Institute, Germany
- Prof. S. Voronov, Lviv